Do you have an idea for an awesome feature we should add… or hate the way we’re currently doing something? Share your ideas and suggestions here.
Recently I posted a synth of an artist friend’s retrospective. The retrospective in a municipal museum is on display in four exhibition rooms. The synth of the main room an L-shaped rooms with two separation panels worked very well – there was possibility of getting views around the panels that worked well for the synth. The rest of the exhibition, however, is in three separate rooms but although these three rooms are interlinking they had to be divided up into separate synths.
Now all 4 posted synths belong “together” and of course to be able to view the entire exhibition you need to have a look all 4 synths.
It would be great to be able to move between synth’s from within a synth – that the synth contains links to other synths that form a synth collection. This would give the “virtual” impression of “walking around the entire exhibition”.
This concept would also be useful for linking synths along a route – a historic walking tour for example.
Sndwa1, you should at least geo-align these synths on the map. With that feature in place, surely synth linking can't be too far away.
How to do you geo-align the synths.. sorry but I am new to photsynth :)
To geo-align one of your synths after you've uploaded it:
1) Make sure that you are signed in to your account (like you were to ask your question here)
2) View your synth's main page (with its description, etc.)
3) Click the [Edit Synth] button
4) You should now be in the site's synth editor. Click on the [Geotag] tab
5) Search or zoom into where your synth should be on the map
6) Drag the pushpin from the right hand panel onto the map
7) Look on the panel under 'Alignment' and click [Start]
8) Use the handles on the edges of the alignment ring to make your synth's pointcloud the right size on top of the map. Use the Eye icon if you need to peek at the map's position under the synth's points.
9) Click [Save].
This will help anyone who finds your synth on Bing Maps to enter your synth from the right direction.
Synth linking isn't available yet, but you can read about plans for it here.