Forum : Bugs

Did the leaves fall off? Something not working right? Let us know how we can improve the Photosynth experience.


Topic: Stuck at "Publishing" bug is back

Report Abuse Report Abuse
GigaView (Over 1 year ago)
I know this one really gets under the team's skin, but I've run into the stuch at "Publishing" bug again.  No fun.
Gatto.com (Over 1 year ago)
Same problem, stucked while publishing, remade all, nothing change.
VsKbPhotos (Over 1 year ago)
I had issues last night and again this morning
Bert (Over 1 year ago)
We're investigating the issue now, thanks for reporting it!
Nathanael (Over 1 year ago)
Bert, thanks for letting us know you guys are aware of the problem.

While you're at the servers, I'm seeing some collections not serving (thumbnails or any imagery). 
Example: http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=6cf8f8e6-5ec6-4e29-931a-9fdefcbc28ca
Example: http://photosynth.net/userprofilepage.aspx?user=OmniSynThesis#2

I'm not sure if that's related or not, but thought you might want to take a look while you're in there.
Bert (Over 1 year ago)
We believe we've fixed the stuck at publishing problem, we'll look into the other issues next.
Bert (Over 1 year ago)
These have all been fixed now...thanks for being patient!
Nathanael (Over 1 year ago)
Thanks for the quick work and letting us know! Cheers!
erez.shapira (Over 1 year ago)
Hi Bert,

Thanks for the update, unfortunately it's still 'hangs' at 71%.

http://photosynth.net/edit.aspx?cid=B9C73BFB-0948-4BA1-8F85-96AC0FD2F0DD&firstview=1

Thanks
Erez
Nathanael (Over 1 year ago)
Erez, you are actually not having any technical problem. 

Your synth here: http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=B9C73BFB-0948-4BA1-8F85-96AC0FD2F0DD completely uploaded and is available for viewing, so it published just fine.

The '71% synthy' score simply means that Photosynth was unable to connect all of the photos. This is either because the subject that you were taking photos of had no unique visual patterns on it (the blank white walls and fluorescent light bulbs, for example) or is something which changes shape too much (ocean or lake waves, or a flag blowing in the wind for example), or the photos were simply taken too far apart from each other or were too blurry, too dark, or too light. 

The score means that 71% of your photos did match each other, but the other 29% could not be matched.

With a little practice, you'll learn how to conquer tricky photographic subjects and learn what Photosynth matches well. http://photosynth.net/help.aspx#photosynthhelp
erez.shapira (Over 1 year ago)
Hi Nathanael,

Thanks for that.

Cheers
Erez
You need to be Signed In to add a comment. (Are you new? Sign Up for a free account.)