Fishguard Fort, North Pembrokeshire

    By: 

BarrieFoster

Add to Favorites
Embed
Facebook
Report Abuse
Share

Description

One of the best viewpoints overlooking Goodwick Bay, Fishguard Fort was built after the town was attacked by the privateer Black Prince in 1779. On the headland beyond the Goodwick ferry terminal is Carreg Wastad, site of the last invasion of Britain (1797) during the Revolutionary Wars with France. Fishguard Fort fell into decay after the end of the Napoleonic Wars in 1815. The vantage point is reached by the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, one of the most spectacular sections of the Wales Coast Path. Since 2012 Wales has been the only country in the world with pedestrian access around all of its coastline.
Stats
Megapixels 91.72
Views 10939
Favorites 2
Date Created 3/20/2013
Location

Related Photosynths

Comments

(0)
New to Photosynth? Sign Up for a free account.