大昭寺 (Dazhao Temple)

    By: 

daodaodao2002

Add to Favorites
Embed
Facebook
Report Abuse
Share

Description

The Dazhao Temple is the early Buddhist Temple of the Tubo Dynasty. According to historical documents, in year of 647, Tubo Songtsan Gambo gave order to build up a Buddhist hall in the royal court to collect josses and classical scriptures so as to marry in Princess Wencheng of the Tang Dynasty and Princess Bhrikuti of the Nepal Kingdom. The land selected, the architecture designed by Princess Wencheng, and the construction supervised by Princess Bhrikuti, the temple was originally named the White Hair Goddess Palace, and renamed as the Dazhao Temple in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), and formed the present scale through the expansions and repairs during the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties (1271-911). The temple, covering an area of over 25,000 square meters, includes buildings like the Hall of Sakyamuni, the Hall for Worshiping Buddha and bKa'-gshags governmental agencies.
Stats
Megapixels 5.35
Views 17
Favorites 0
Date Created 6/29/2011
Location

Related Photosynths

Comments

(0)
New to Photosynth? Sign Up for a free account.