Brusio Kreisviadukt Berninda Bahn 2012

    By: 

Schweiz

Add to Favorites
Embed
Facebook
Report Abuse
Share

Description

The Brusio spiral viaduct forms part of the Bernina Railway section between Brusio and Campascio, and is approximately 55 kilometres (34 mi) from St. Moritz.

The stone-built viaduct was opened on 1 July 1908, upon the opening of the Tirano–Poschiavo section of the Bernina Railway. In 1943, the whole of that railway company was taken over by the Rhaetian Railway, which still owns and uses the spiral viaduct today.

The spiral viaduct is 110 metres (360 ft) long, has a horizontal radius of curvature of 70 metres (230 ft), a longitudinal slope of 7%, and is made up of nine spans, each 10 metres (33 ft) in length.
Stats
Megapixels 56.85
Views 39
Favorites 0
Date Created 11/17/2012
Location

Related Photosynths

Comments

(0)
New to Photosynth? Sign Up for a free account.