Did the leaves fall off? Something not working right? Let us know how we can improve the Photosynth experience.
I’m encountering problems with ‘publishing synth’, which has stuck on several occasions over the last few weeks as described by others. This has resulted in closing the synther and re-synthing the same subject, sometimes repeatedly before publishing occurred. Now there’s a new twist :) On 27/4 I tried creating a 5 pic synth, and it wouldn’t publish on either of my systems (XP SP3, IE7 and Vista IE7) until the 6th attempt. I’ve logged onto my account this morning and found that the other 5 attempts have now appeared after a 24hr gap. They definitely weren't there on 27th, yesterday morning or 10pm (GMT) last night when I checked.
Same thing, more or less happened to me. A small test remained on the publishing synth while others afterwords had no problems, including one over 1000 pics! The "lost" test showed up a day later.
The most recent case of people getting stuck on the 'Publishing' phase can be read here:
Just to help you understand what's going on a little, when you're uploading a synth with the Photosynth app for Windows and it gets to the 'Publishing' phase, that means that all of the files have been created on your computer and uploaded to the website's hard drives. Usually publishing takes less than a minute as it confirms that all of the files were uploaded correctly, however occasionally this checking process has a hiccup.
Usually a synth that gets stuck on 'Publishing...' does eventually show up, as its files have been uploaded; it's really just the verification that gets stuck, but this is not the usual behavior.