Be sure to use the highlights feature, this is a VERY big synth and thus hard to navigate!
Bermuda Church of the Most Holy Trinity, or 'The Cathedral' as it is known today, is not the original building. The first structure was started in 1844, completed in 1883, and then destroyed by an arsonist in 1884. The present-day Cathedral was designed by William Hay, its foundation stone laid on May 1, 1886, and the first phase completed in 1894. The church was commissioned as the Bermuda Cathedral that year, finally completed in 1905, and consecrated in 1911.
The plan of the church is a Roman Cross, and although the architecture is Neo-Gothic as opposed to bermudian, most of it is built of bermuda limestone from the Par-La-Ville quarry. However, the stone around the windows, doors, and the rings of the arches, cornices and gables, is Caen stone from Normandy, France.