St. Lorenz Lutheran Church, Frankenmuth, Michigan + Founded in 1845 by a small group of Franconian (German) missionaries, St. Lorenz was one of 14 charter congregations of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, which was founded in 1847. The desire of these missionaries, sent by Wilhelm Löhe, was to immigrate to the wilderness forests of Michigan and demonstrate to Native Americans "how good and beautiful it is to live with Jesus". That has been the goal of St. Lorenz now for nearly 170 years. + This sanctuary was built in 1880 and extended from the back of the church to the edge of the existing balcony. The transept (the section between the balcony and the chancel) was added in the 1960s. The current Casavant organ was installed as a follow-up to the expansion in the late 1960s. + The focus of St. Lorenz is still to show the world "how good and beautiful it is to live with Jesus" to its 4,700+ members, to its 500+ Lutheran school students, and to those in Frankenmuth, Michigan, and the world. Although many faithful believers over these many years have played major roles in continuing that mission and making St. Lorenz what it is today, to God alone be the glory for his work here among us! If you would like to learn more about St. Lorenz Lutheran Church or would like to connect with us, please visit us at www.stlorenz.org or search for "St. Lorenz Connection" on Facebook. + This scene was captured with a Canon EOS Rebel T3 on Christmas Day 2012. It is comprised of 130+ pictures that were composited by Microsoft Image Composite Editor and then converted to this Photosynth format by Microsoft Photosynth.